Volunteers are a vital part of the HSHA team. Without them, we would not be able to perform many of the essential functions at our shelter. HSHA is always looking for dedicated and committed volunteers to assist with the shelter animals and some of the everyday responsibilities of shelter life. Whether you are interested in walking dogs, helping at events, or socializing cats, there is a place for you at HSHA. The animals are waiting for you … get started today!
How to Get Started:
- Complete the application online HERE or download and email (LukeG@humanesocietyhbg.org). You may also mail the application to:
7790 Grayson Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111
ATTN: Luke Grumbine
You will be contacted via email after your application has been processed.
Potential volunteers, please note:
- All volunteers must be 18 or older.
- The volunteer program is not intended for court-mandated community service or short-term projects (See below for more information about these opportunities).
- Volunteer’s requiring special assistance MUST be accompanied by a friend or family member.
- Completed applications are kept on file for three months and will be discarded if you do not complete the required volunteer orientation within that time.
- Review the volunteer handbook. Volunteers should be familiar with the policies and procedures detailed in the manual.
Available Volunteer Positions: See the Opportunity Directory
For more information, contact HSHA’s Event & Outreach Coordinator, Luke Grumbine at (717) 564-3320 ext.120 or LukeG@humanesocietyhbg.org.
NOTE TO DOG WALKERS: Dog walking volunteers are required to purchase an approved leash (approximately $10) for use with HSHA dogs prior to the start of your volunteering. This requirement is for the safety of both volunteers and dogs.