As of June 2020 HSHA is resuming its Low-Cost Vaccine Clinics. PLEASE NOTE that there have been significant changes to the way in which these clinics are organized in order to provide a safe experience for both our clients and our staff. Clinics will now REQUIRE PRE-REGISTRATION and will be facilitated “curbside.” This means you will sign up online for an available timeslot and remain in your car during the appointment. A member of our team will come to your car to retrieve your pets for vaccination. Please read below for more information.
COVID updates to HSHA Vaccine Clinics:
The Humane Society offers low-cost vaccine clinics to the public two to three times a month on a year-round basis. These clinics will now be facilitated “curbside” and REQUIRE PRE-REGISTRATION. To make an appointment please visit our Events Calendar, click on the clinic you wish to attend and follow the prompts.
Vaccine Clinic Dates (subject to change):
- Saturday, August 8th. Registration opens Friday, July 31st at 10am
- Saturday, August 22nd. Registration opens Friday, August 14th at 10am
- Saturday, September 12th. Registration opens Friday, September 4th at 10am
- Saturday, September 19th. Registration opens Friday, September 11th at 10am
- You will be prompted to register for a 30 min time slot. You must be at the Humane Society of Harrisburg at any time WITHIN this designated time frame. We will NOT be able to accommodate you if you arrive BEFORE or AFTER the time frame you signed up for.
- There is a maximum of 2 pets per registration. If you have more than 2 pets please register for additional spots as needed. There are 10 appointments available per 30 minute time slot.
- Upon arrival at the shelter you will be directed where to park. Please remain in your car and please wear a mask with interacting with any of our staff or volunteers. After you are parked a member of our team with come to your car to discuss which vaccines you would like and to retrieve your pet(s). Your pet(s) will be taken inside for vaccination and payment will be taken. Acceptable payment includes Cash, Visa, or Mastercard (checks are not accepted).
- After your pet has been vaccinated a team member will bring them back out to your car, along with your receipt and paperwork to serve as proof of vaccination.
Rabies (1 year) – $10
Distemper (DHPP) (1 year) – $10
Distemper with Lepto (DHLPP) (1 year) – $10
Bordetella (kennel cough) (1 year) – $10
Lyme (1 year) – $15 (This vaccine will only be available while supplies last.)
Canine Influenza (Bivalent) (1 year) – $15
Rabies (1 year) – $10
FVRCP (1 year) – $10
Core Vaccine Recommendations
Dogs should always stay up to date on these vaccinations: Rabies and DHPP (‘distemper’)
Cats should always stay up to date on these vaccinations: Rabies and FVRCP
The remaining vaccines are considered ‘ELECTIVE’ based on the animal’s lifestyle and possible disease exposure (ex: If your dog attends doggy daycare or gets groomed frequently, we recommend Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccines). It is important to understand that the first time the DHPP, DHLPP, Flu, Lyme and FVRCP and Lepto vaccines are administered, they must be boosted 2-4 weeks after the initial vaccine. After the booster, the vaccine can be administered yearly in ADULT animals. Puppies and kittens must be boosted with DHPP and FVRCP every 2-4 weeks until they are 16 weeks old. (Note: the veterinarian may recommend the final booster be given at 18-20 depending on the animal/breed).
The paperwork you receive at any of HSHA’s low-cost clinics, is your official medical record and proof of vaccination. If you lose this paperwork or require copies of the records, you must request them by contacting HSHA’s Clinic Coordinator at Scheduling@humanesocietyhbg.org. There is a 72 hour processing period and a $15 fee will apply for each duplicate or copy.